Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Best of Summer TV- Continued

In compiling my short list of summer reality programming, I left off the most real of them all: FX's 30 Days. I caught the new season last night, with former NFL player Ray Crockett spending 30 days in a wheelchair. I'm guessing he played for the Cowboys, since his wheelchair-unfriendly abode is in Southlake (and is worth about $1.7m, according to the Tarrant County appraisal office). The episode was really heartwarming and inspirational, and it reminded me of what a great show this is- one that dares to document real-life struggles and controversies without being preachy or stretching the truth. Morgan Spurlock deserves an Emmy.

In other programming, tonight is the first night of the So You Think You Can Dance Top 20 competition (Fox), as well as the season finale of Top Chef (Bravo). I'm rooting for Stephanie all the way!

No comments: