Wednesday, July 16, 2008

SYTYCD: Top 10 Perform

Tonight, the dancers not only switched partners, but it also marks the first night audience votes send the bottom 2 home. Most of my predictions from last week still stand, but there were definitely a couple of surprises for me in tonight's show.

Courtney and Joshua: I thought these two did really well with their routines. Courtney could have given a little bit more during the hip hop, but Joshua once again lit up the stage. He is still one of my favorites.

Comfort and Twitch: Their first routine, a waltz, was a total disaster. This dance completely reiterated the fact that Comfort needs to go home, and I was disappointed in their connection to one another. Twitch seems extremely lost in anything outside of hip hop and contemporary, which may be his downfall.

Katee and Will: A.Ma.Zing. That's all i have to say about that. That pas de deux was insane. Hated the song though. Marc walked in right when they messed up and said "wow, that didn't work." ha. I still think Will needs to show a little more personality to win this competition.

Kherington and Mark: I was excited to see them perform a two-step- but I was completely disappointed in their execution. They were disjointed in both routines - not even a sliver of a connection. I agree with the judges that Mark is good at acting, but not so great at just dancing. And Kherington! Did she look bored or what? She didn't even look like she was trying. I must say, my interest in her is fading fast.

Chelsie and Gev: We all know that Chelsie is good, and that was only reiterated tonight. In contrast to my last post, I was really impressed with Gev. He did the contemporary justice but I could totally tell he was thinking during the jive. Either way, I think he deserves to stay another week.

My predictions this week: Mark will say goodbye and Comfort will be ousted once again. I hope.

No comments: