Friday, July 17, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance: Down to Eight

** Spoilers Ahead **

For some reason, the viewer-picked results shows are never as dramatic as the judges' eliminations. Maybe it's because the solos are repeated from last night, or the fact that they don't matter. Or maybe because the "musical guest" only serves to waste time, when it previously masked the judges' "deliberation." I especially could have done without the Black Eyed Peas and their homage to MJ as if he was their "homie."

Anyway, on to the results.

The bottom two girls were Randi and Melissa, which was pretty much a given. Randi hasn't impressed me for weeks and Melissa's personality has thus far been as exciting as cardboard.

I was shocked when both Jason and Evan were declared "safe" during the boys' bottom two announcement, leaving Kupono, Brandon, and Ade. I knew at that point it would be Kupono and Ade due to Brandon's following. However I was turned off by Brandon's fake "shock" that he was not in the bottom 2 - since he was actually smiling when he covered his mouth with his hands. I was extremely disappointed to see Ade in the bottom two because I think he's an amazing dancer, but I agree that he doesn't always give his all emotionally in his partner dances.

In the end, it is Randi and Kupono who are sent home - no shock there. I really enjoyed them both on a personality level - Randi probably more so - but am fine with their elimination.

What did you think about tonight's elimination? And how excited are you that Ellen Degeneres will be judging next week?

No comments: