Thursday, March 5, 2009

American Idol Week 3- Results

First, I would like to give props to the choreographers for making a Scott-friendly routine. I’ve already seen it bashed online, but seriously, come on. I thought it was cute and well done.

To the results.

Lil is the first to be chosen as a top 12 contender. Not a surprise at all.

Ryan has the first row stand up – Arianna, Taylor, Alex, Kendall, and Scott. Out of this group, it’s pretty obvious who’s through – it’s Scott. He gets another chance to perform, and I’ll be the first to say he’s shaky and not always on key, but he sings with so much feeling its unreal. Is it sad that I want to go out and download “Mandolin Rain” right now?

Ryan announces the final person in the top 12 by telling them in pairs. It’s a no for Kristen and Nathaniel and Von and Felicia, which comes as a shock to me, narrowing it down to Ju’Not and Jorge. I thought Ju’Not would slide in, but it’s a win for Jorge instead. He’s got a cute little personality, but I think he will be eliminated early on.

But before Jorge can perform, the judges announce their wild card picks. It’s not a full twelve like I anticipated, but eight judge-worthy singers. I’m fairly happy with *most* of the choices, although there are one or two I would wholeheartedly disagree with. (We could easily guess who was making it back from the first two groups, because they only brought back a handful of them).

The judges pick Von, Jasmine, Ricky, Megan, Tatiana, Matt G, Jesse, and Anoop.

It’s hard for me to pick just three, but I’ve narrowed it down to four: Anoop, Megan, Jesse, and Matt G.

Von, Jasmine, Ricky, and Tatiana (seriously??) should go home.

What did you think of the results? Did you agree with the judges’ wild card choices?

No comments: