Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wild Card Show

I wish all Idol nights were like this.

The eight Wild Card choices really showed what they were made of tonight. I was completely captured by Matt Giraud's performance. I said, "If he doesn't make it after this, I'm done."

I personally was not impressed by Jasmine or Megan, the two girls that ultimately made it through. Jasmine sounded (and looked) like she was a Disney princess singing for little girls at the Magic Kingdom. Megan's voice is really weird and whiny to me - I get that she's different, but it just doesn't sound right to me. I'd much rather have Felicia and Mishavonna- despite her poor song choice- over these two. However, I find Megan's personality (but not her dancing skills) to be a little less grating than Jesse, although I prefer Jesse's performances.

At least this means that we're finally done with Tatiana, who sang Whitney Houston's "Saving All My Love" for the third time. And seriously, where did that accent come from? She doesn't belong on Idol, she belongs on a telenovella!

But the fact that two girls went through to the Top 12 meant that there was only one spot left for the boys, who really outshone the girls tonight. The girls swooned over Anoop and "his perogative" - but didn't his parents look completely appalled, wondering why oh why didn't he want to be a doctor? Despite his likeability, I preferred Matt's sultry voice to his Bobby Brown, and was in agreement with the judges decision.

But wait! Anoop's not done yet - he's the final contestant in the Top 13! Amazing!!

Because we didn't see that one coming from a mile away. :)

There you have it- the final four contestants. What do you think? Were you surprised that the judges made an extra spot - just in case they couldn't pick just 3?

No comments: