Tuesday, March 10, 2009

AI Top 13: Michael Jackson Night

I'm not going to go through all of the performances individually, but I will offer my initial reactions, observations, and predictions.

• My favorites tonight were: Danny, Kris, Matt, Adam, and Allison.
• Lil Rounds’ horrendous outfit distracted me from her actual performance. What did she sing again?
• Props to Kris for making “Remember the Time” sound like a groovy Jason Mraz song.
• Danny actually impressed me tonight and should stick to upbeat songs.
• Anoop is just an afterthought in this competition, and he has yet to prove himself to me.
• I think Allison is stuck in the 80s, even though she’s never been there.
• Someone please tell Megan to stop dancing. Seriously.
• Of all of Adam’s qualities, I like his humility the most.
• I would buy Matt’s album right now, when does it go on sale?
• Alexis kind of freaked me out. Is she a goth lesbian?
• How come all of the girls over the age of 18 are mothers? Go Teen Pregnancy! (folks, I’m being facetious)
• The “twist” will be what all the other competition shows are doing: the audience picks the bottom 3, but the judges pick the one that goes home.
• Bottom 3: Jasmine, Jorge, and Alexis.
• Jorge should be sent home.

**3/11/09 3:37 P.M.** Apparently, I didn't realize that Idol was sending two people packing instead of one. My hope is that it's Jorge and Jasmine, but the judges favor her quite a bit, but not over Alexis, who really doesn't deserve that final spot at all, I'm just afraid she's the one that will be stuck in it. Other contenders for the boot: Anoop and Scott.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can not agree with your bottom three. I think there is a gender thing happening here. I do not think Alexis was bottom 3. I actually liked her performance a lot. And I did not understand the judging of her. I think Alexis is top two among the women. I would put Anoop in her place in the bottom 3. And I think he may be gone tonight.

TVTam said...

I would honestly put Anoop in the bottom 3 as well, but for some reason he has this crazy fanbase that I don't really get. Alexis (and Michael Sarver) both beat him out for a spot in the first round, so I agree with your assessment, and he may be going home if it's now "judges choice." I just was not crazy about Alexis' performance and don't think it really connected with the audience, but I hope she stays.